- So. Game of Thrones is coming back April 6th, and guys, GUYS, Dorne and the Red Viper and the Sand Snakes and I can’t even. It’s going to be amazing. Almost as amazing as this Vine of Oberyn Martell fighting with Capoeira. CAPOEIRA. I can’t. I just can’t.
- Oh and here’s an actual trailer.
- Katniss Everdeen is officially the first woman to top annual box office sales in forty years. No solo female lead has won since The Exorcist‘s Regan. [Jezebel]
- Designer cat furniture with hammocks and rickety bridges. [Distractify]
- I am so absurdly excited for Double Fine’s new game, Broken Age. One, because Vella is going to be amazing, and two, it’s Double Fine. Have you played The Cave? Go play The Cave.
- The Airship has a wonderful interview with Megan Rose Gedris, the genius behind YU+ME: dream (and many other webcomics that will no doubt be featured in my hitchhiker’s guide). She talks about drawing comics, her house burning down, and finding inner peace through burlesque.
- This discussion of race and superhero comics, which focuses primarily on the X-Men, deals with everything from race-bending in cosplay to appropriating marginalized struggles with an all-white cast of characters. It’s pretty great. [NPR Code Switch]
- “A great many other critics would prefer that storytelling remained appropriately hierarchial – with writers and showrunners from the right backgrounds at the top, and everybody else watching along quietly and not making a fuss.” The New Statesman takes on Sherlock, fandoms, fan fiction, and subversive, queer-friendly audience participation.
- In honour of houseplant appreciation day, I wrote about seven deadly science fictional plants that you wouldn’t want in your backyard. [Quirk Books]