- Bitch Magazine spotlights some Sundance short films, and a couple seem particularly interesting, among them Kibwe Tavares’s Jonah, the story of two men who capture a mammoth fish on camera, and Julia Pott’s The Event, in which she animates chilling poetry by Tom Chivers.
- “10 Marvel superheroes who probably have weird penises.” CollegeHumor, as usual, delivers.
- There is a Sailor Moon reboot coming in July, and according to Autostraddle, unlike the last English dub, it won’t attempt to censor out the queerness of the original.
- Tor uncovers this strange six-degrees web of time-traveling actors, and notes how their girlfriends are often left on the sidelines and never get to join in on the wibbly wobbly fun.
- I haven’t finished played Terry Cavanagh’s Naya’s Quest yet, but so far it seems very charming.
- There is nothing better than the patch notes from The Sims. [Kotaku]
- Years ago, Newfoundland constable Suzanne Bourque was in a picture with a bear cub. Since then, things, as they so often do on Tumblr, spiralled a little out of control, and we have now ended up with an entire fandom dedicated to Miss Officer and Mr. Truffles. Thanks Tumblr, delightful as always. [The Mary Sue]
- Please please go read The Border House’s “Diary of a Western Videogame Protagonist,” if only for the line “revenge is a dish best served scruffy.”
- Evan Palmer illustrates J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Ainulindalë, and it is beautiful. And here are parts two to four.
- Disney has announced their new film Moana, which will be set in the South Pacific, and people are already making fan art. [io9]
Alyssa, perhaps this article interests you: https://medium.com/geek-empire/590140202b70.
It also seem that your follow button on the lower right corner does not work – I neither got a confirmation email nor updates. (I use feedly now, so my problem is solved. But I thought you should know.)
Have a great weekend.
That’s fantastically interesting, and thanks for the tip! Hope you’re having a lovely Saturday.