Tag Archives: Miles Morales
Tagged Batgirl, Black Girl Nerds, Boing Boing, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buzzfeed, Disney, Feministing, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Miles Morales, Racialicious, Rupert Giles, Scientific American, Spiderman, Tampon Run, The Guardian, The Nerds of Color, The Toast
- Disney princes would make terrible boyfriends. Buzzfeed knows.
- The Guardian makes a compelling case for how modern YA dystopian literature promotes pretty right wing neoliberal values by appealing to the aggressive individualism of its teen readership.
- Hey if watcher extraordinaire Rupert Giles taught a masters of library sciences course, what would the reading list be like? [The Toast]
- TAMPON RUN IS A REAL GAME THAT YOU CAN PLAY. Feministing has all sort of cool info about it, including that it was created by two teenagers in an effort to destigmatize menstruation.
- Racialicious takes a look at violence toward Native women in film, pointing out some troubling parallels in movies like Pocahontas and New Moon, as well as the real life consequences.
- Here’s some advice for little nerdy black girls. [Black Girl Nerds]
- Things aren’t always so bleak over in the DC universe, and recent decisions, including a new look and creative team for Batgirl, are garnering praise. [The Nerds of Color]
- The Nerds of Color also really, really want Miles Morales to be our new movie Spiderman.
- Researchers at the University of Modena have found that reading Harry Potter makes you more empathetic. Dumbledore was right, love is the strongest magic. [Scientific American]
- And to round things off, here’s why Hermione is such an important role model for one fourteen year old in particular. [Boing Boing]