- THERE IS A LESBIAN VAMPIRE WEB SERIES BASED ON CARMILLA AND I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT. Some things just make no sense in the world. Also, you know how you learn about a thing for the first time, and immediately after you hear about it everywhere? That is happening to me so hard right now. Anyway, Carmilla is great, season two just ended, go watch it.
- “29 signs you’re actually a witch.” Never felt so much like a muggle tbh. [Buzzfeed]
- The UN Broadband Commission for Digital Development Working Group on Broadband and Gender (hey mouthful) issued an in-depth report on cyber violence against women and girls and it’s definitely worth a look.
- Kate Beaton’s new book, Step Aside, Pops, recently came out! It’s great and here she talks about it with Vulture. (Full disclosure I work for the publisher, Drawn & Quarterly, but also the book is fantastic, Kate Beaton is always a good time, and you should be a fan of hers.)
- You know how there’s an upcoming Jem and the Holograms live-action movie, and people are worried it won’t stay true to the animated series? Well the real Jem watched the trailer and she is PISSED.
- If you would like to listen to me talk about Star Trek for 45 minutes, then have I got the Random Trek episode for you! Scott McNulty invited me to be the guest in this week’s episode of his podcast, and it was very good fun.
- And last thing, read this thing from the Toast. I can’t do it justice, so here: “Here at the Final Girl Groves Retirement Home, we provide top-quality live-in care, recreational activities, and social opportunities for Final Girls in their senior years. If you’re a smart, resourceful, pretty-but-not-too-slutty woman who has survived brutal serial killers, zombie attacks, vengeful spirits, and the return of secrets from your own dark past, we believe you deserve to spend your golden years in peace and tranquility.”
Top image from Kate Beaton’s The Princess and the Pony.