- Animated music videos for zombie Romeo and Juliet-themed songs are the reason this website exists.
- Though two out of five main characters in the upcoming Star Wars Rebels are women, Sabine and Hera haven’t gotten their fair share of the spotlight when it comes to merchandising, and it’s leaving fans disappointed. [The Mary Sue]
- This one’s more on the feminism side, rather than the fantasy one, but the Belle Jar’s “Why Won’t You Educate Me About Feminism?” beautifully explains why constantly having the onus placed on you in discussions about oppression gets exhausting.
- This isn’t the first time I’ve come across people using Frozen‘s Elsa as a metaphor for burgeoning queer sexuality, but The Hairpin’s is called “Elsa’s Coming Out Party,” so I had to share.
- This is a photo of a little boy and his daschund dressed as Han and Chewbacca. Why haven’t you clicked yet? [Geeks of Doom]
- A Song of Ice and Pokémon is a thing, because Tumblr.
- Polygon takes a look at Ultimate Gay Fighter, a new 90s-style fighting game, and queer stereotypes in gaming more generally.
- There’s something so bittersweet about childhood memories: blushing around boys, passing notes, The Fellowship of the Ring. Growing out of Legolas and into Aragorn is basically a right of passage for every dude-liking teenager ever. [The Toast]