- I wrote a thing for the Mary Sue! It’s all about Mass Effect 2 and the dismissal, more generally, of queer female desire, so go check that out!
- Also from the Mary Sue, Gillian Anderson is set to play one of the New Gods in the American Gods adaptation. Thisissoperfectyouguys.
- GUTS is a Canadian feminist magazine whose whole current issue plays on the theme of “futures.” There’s tons of good stuff there, including discussions on a post-gender future, the political power of cosplay, indigenous futurism, and friendship. Go look!
- “Let’s get high and watch The Craft!” [Jenny Trout]
- Want a ranking of spells from your childhood, based on power and how cool they are? The Toast obviously has you covered. (I am going to miss this website.)
- “Ten female characters in The X-Files I’ve decided are lesbians or bisexual.” [Autostraddle]
- After the hugely upsetting Brock Turner verdict was passed, six hundred witches worldwide gathered to put a hex on him. [PAPER Magazine]
- And as a palate cleanser, your Star Trek faves Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto were on Lip Sync Battle, Saldana with a pitch-perfect “No Scrubs” (with TLC!) and Quinto doing amaaazing Missy Elliott drag.