- I hadn’t visited Adrienne Keene’s Native Appropriations in a while, so I was really pleased to stumble upon her letter to JK Rowling, where she expresses concern about the upcoming American wizarding school and the inclusion of indigenous magics.
- 13 homoerotic horror films! [Out]
- Bitch also delves into the queerness of horror films, going over some of the heavy hitters like Rebecca and The Haunting, and also the long, long list of lesbian-tinged vampire flicks.
- “The feminist power of female ghosts.” [Bitch]
- Jezebel’s Kitchenette section does these great illustrated cocktail recipes, and the two most recent are the Dark Incantation and the Graveyard Tryst.
- Over at Quirk, I put together some book recommendations for Jem and her Holograms, you know, to read while they’re on their outrageous tour.
- “Learning the controls: how Nintendo helped me live with Asperger’s Syndrome.” [The Toast]
- Also from the Toast, a wonderful piece on Star Trek, academic sexual harassment, the Hugo Awards, entitlement, and space babes.
- Relevant to your interests: 11 witch costumes that skip the pointy hat. [Autostraddle]