- I’m going to start this week’s reading list off with a piece that isn’t strictly in this blog’s wheelhouse. It’s about the sexism and sexual assault present in the alt-lit scene, and the recent denouncing of Stephen Tully Dierks, but the author also draws interesting parallels to other subcultures, like gaming, that are “primarily populated by men who think they are not ‘bros,'” and how that breeds an especially insidious brand of misogyny. [Death and Taxes]
- The Border House has a great essay on gaming, shame, and heteronormative desire.
- On a lighter note, Jezebel says what we’ve all been thinking: Superheroes would make the worst partners.
- Dorkly has a roundup of great cosplay that incorporates wheelchairs in incredibly creative ways.
- The Mary Sue pays tribute to the iconic Princess Peach.
- Are Mark Frost and David Lynch teasing more Twin Peaks? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW DAMN IT. [Polygon]
Top image by Simon Nyhus.