- Let’s kick things off with a wonderful, if self-deprecating, defence of YA literature. [Nerve]
- The Toast writes about Entwives and political lesbianism and my heart basically collapses from joy.
- Ableism in science fiction and fantasy is something we don’t talk about nearly enough, despite the presence of some really unsettling tropes. This piece, however, tackles issues of disability in Game of Thrones, and does so very thoughtfully. [Hazlitt]
- The Mary Sue has a roundup of geeky musicals, something I had never actually thought about until I started reading and realized that a lot of my favourites were included (Rocky Horror, natch).
- Also also also, I wrote a thing for the Mary Sue! In it I talk to several artists who, on top of being fantastically talented webcomic artists in their own right, contributed to the new instalment of Smut Peddler, an erotic comics anthology!
- Speaking of sexy comics, a recent instalment of Oh Joy Sex Toy (a webcomic I’ve talked about before) likened Adult Friend Finder to Quark’s Bar, and I loved it. (Deep Space Nine represent!)
- Netflix bought the rights to Magic School Bus! And Goosebumps! And Clifford the Big Red Dog! And I really, really want them to do a good job with them! [The New York Times]
- This video is called “The Face of Gaming: 40 Male Protagonists Featured at E3 2014” but it might as well be renamed “Attack of the scruffy, square-jawed white dude” for all the diversity on display. I’m so bored. [Rebellious Pixels]
- And to round things off, a slice-of-life short story about the near future that makes me both super excited and super scared for connected homes and other “advancements.” [Wired]
Top image by WillisTheSheep.