- Orphan Black season two is almost here! (April 19th!) Jezebel asks which of the clones is most worthy of worship, and I still can’t come up with a good answer. (That is a joke. Obviously it is Cosima.)
- Bitch‘s Don’t be a Dick series on the comics industry is still ongoing, and their latest instalment, on gendered comics marketing, is a must-read.
- Why is the new Ms. Marvel great and super instrumental in changing comics for the better? Here’s a handy video. (Side note: I’ve read issue #1 and I definitely recommend it!) [PBS Idea Channel]
- Speaking of Ms. Marvel, the Mary Sue has an exclusive preview of issue #3.
- The Mary Sue also has a great interview with Saga illustrator Fiona Staples!
- Fun indie games for you! First up is Monument Valley. I haven’t played it yet, but it is so heart-achingly beautiful that I had to share. Any game about surrealist architecture is probably worth your time, right? Next, some people I know just came out with Shattered Planet. It’s a science fictional turn-based RPG that is fun, free, and features a woman of colour as your default avatar. Snaps all around.
- Dune recreated using gummy candy. Yeah. [Flickr]
- In honour of National Poetry Month, I wrote about the best insults in poetry for Quirk Books.
- W. Cade Gall imagined what future fashions would look like in a 1893 issue of The Strand, and the illustrations are delightful. [The Public Domain Review]
- Want to see what girls’ toy commercials look like with the audio from their boy equivalents? And vice versa? Head over to the Gender Remixer.
- I think we can all agree that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was pretty great. But it also did some pretty interesting things with the gender binary, and that is great too. [The Toast]
- This is a twenty-second video in which Gwendoline Christie explains why Brienne of Tarth deserves to sit on the Iron Throne.
Top image: “Sheik” by Yu Endoh