- Feminist Frequency on body language, the male gaze, and absurd hip swinging in video games!
- I can’t personally vouch for Autostraddle’s claim that Syfy’s new show Wynonna Earp is “the love child of Jessica Jones and Lost Girl” but boy does that sound right up my alley.
- #masculinitysofragile double feature: The new Baldur’s Gate expansion has one tertiary trans character, and the new Star Wars movie has a female protagonist, and dudes on the internet want you to know that they are not happy about it. [Crave/Paste]
- And while we’re on the subject, the Mary Sue has a really, really good open letter to angry fanboys. Like, deserves an inspirational soundtrack good.
- What the cats of Neko Atsume are really thinking. [Funny or Die]
- Really good mini doc on how Sailor Moon transformed queer kids’ lives. [Vice]
- Also also there is a Sailor Moon museum opening in Tokyo. [Kotaku]
- I’ve been enjoying the thorough analyses of Disney films that Mari Ness does over at Tor, and here she discusses the overt girl power of Mulan.
- You have the Wachowskis’ blessing to reexamine their films through a trans lens. [The Mary Sue]
- “Meet the women behind Disney’s Zootopia who are changing the animation world.” [Fusion]
- You need to see these amazing wind-powered sculptures by Theo Jansen.
- “The history of femslash, the tiny fandom that’s taking over the universe.” [io9]
Image by ostritch prince.