- Okay stop whatever you’re doing and go watch Grimes and Janelle Monáe’s “Venus Fly” video. Trust me on this one.
- In very much the same vein, I’m sure you’ll enjoy Neon Bunny’s psychedelic techno-dystopia in her video for last year’s “Forest of Skyscrapers.”
- At the end of Obama’s tenure, Little White Lies takes the opportunity to discuss the films that characterized the president’s time in office (in the same way that Reagan-era films have emerged as being highly distinctive). There are pieces on black empowerment and the rise of the black stormtrooper, and on how Obama-era horror cinema unleashed the horrors within ourselves.
- Oh hey oh hey oh hey, there’s a new Feminist Frequency video! This time on how non-white women in games are turned into exotic fantasies.
- A little while ago I mentioned Elly Blue’s last kickstarter project, a literary anthology all about bicycles and zombies. This time around, the bike-centric publisher is putting together a collection called Biketopia! It’s still funding on kickstarter, and looks great, so go check it out!
- “Philip K. Dick’s vision for resisting fascism in America.” [The New Yorker]