Happy New Year!
- Here’s a fifteen second teaser for the new season of Orphan Black. Ah!
- Rolling Stone put together a list of the ten best horror movies of 2015.
- “Unnecessary digs at servants in classic vampire novels.” [The Toast]
- “No, Jessica Jones isn’t sexist toward men; Let’s talk about why.” [The Mary Sue]
- I’m all for finding creative solutions to video game problems, and this guy nearly broke Fallout 4 by not killing a single person. [Kotaku]
- The Guardian reports that an adult Hermione will be black in the upcoming play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and that JK Rowling is extremely pleased with the casting. Bustle has a lovely first person piece on the importance of the decision, but the Mary Sue is less enthusiastic given the casting in the movies, particularly of Lavender Brown.
- Okay so now let’s talk about Star Wars:
- The Mary Sue has a review from someone who wasn’t excited about the new film, and it’s called “this Star Wars is MINE” which is pretty much how I ended up feeling about things.
- Also from the Mary Sue is a piece about the importance of Rey, which is worth a look.
- Entertainment Weekly also loved talking about “instant icon” Rey.
- The always funny Mallory Ortberg talked about her ~*~Star Wars feelings~*~ [The Toast]
- Hahaha here is Janelle Monáe talking to C-3PO and R2-D2 goodbye I am dead now.
- Physicists have decided that the Ewoks are probably dead from Death Star fallout. [The Mary Sue]
- This Emo Kylo Ren twitter account is magical.
- People are really, really upset that Carrie Fisher had the temerity to get older and put on weight. Some New York Times scumbag in particular was not okay with it, and it’s bullshit. [RunwayRiot]
- “Princess Leia’s feminist agenda: yeah, she had one.” [Ms. magazine]
Image by Tara H. [doodlesbytara.tumblr.com]