- “The most metal deaths in Middle Earth, ranked.” [The Toast]
- Do you have feelings about season three of Orphan Black? Autostraddle’s got you covered with a roundtable discussion of feminism, queerness, and how wonderful Tatiana Maslany is.
- If you’ve ever wanted a comprehensive analysis of Janelle Monae’s amazing science fictional discography, you’re in luck. Here is all the information you’ll need about the time-travelling, cyber-messiah android named Cindi Mayweather, and the talented, afrofuturism-inspired musician behind her. [Philip Sandifer]
- “11 great songs that prove The Misfits were better a girl power than Jem.” [io9]
- Hey look the scientific consultants for Pixar’s Inside Out wrote about their experience in the New York Times! It’s really great (as is the movie) and teases out how important sadness is in shaping post-childhood experiences.
- And if you needed more reasons to take everyone you know out to see Inside Out, The Maykazine explores the value of letting children engage with material they haven’t lived through yet.
- I haven’t watched Sense8 (and frankly have been getting rather mixed reviews) and the Nerds of Color make a compelling case for the show’s failure to place all its characters in their cultural context, and how it brought down a project that still did a few things very, very right.
- And lastly, if you are a geek with a disability, the Disability Visibility Project wants you to take to your favourite comic book’s wiki, and update it to remove information that is ableist, inaccurate, or devoid of a disability perspective.