- All sorts of great stuff from Bitch magazine! First up, a profile of the Lady Planeswalkers Society, a woman-centric Magic: The Gathering league based in Washington. And then, a really fascinating exploration of MMOs, RPGs, and erotic role players.
- The Mary Sue is really into Shanoa, the protagonist from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and for good reason.
- ALSO WE ARE GETTING A LIVE ACTION STATIC SHOCK SERIES AND MY CHILDHOOD IS COMING BACK TO LIFE. [The Mary Sue]
- Programmer Brie Code spoke at Toronto’s Gamercamp festival recently, trying to answer a very loaded question—”what do women want?”—and coming up with some good points along the way. [Gamesindustry.biz]
- Boing boing has a very interesting defence of the Disney princess. Your mileage may vary (and when it comes to Disney, mine certainly does) but since the monolithic children’s brand isn’t going anywhere, further discussion seems to be in order.
And more Gamergate coverage:
- Felicia Day spoke about the fear this situation has caused her, and the loss of the kinship she used to feel with other gamers. It’s a beautiful, mild piece of writing. Regardless, according to the Daily Dot, it took very little time for her to be doxxed. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this Felicia. I’m so sorry anyone has to deal with this.
- “It’s not censorship to ignore you.” [New York Magazine]
- “A summary of the Gamergate movement that we will immediately change if any of its members find any details objectionable.” [Clickhole]
- “Gamergate goons can scream all they want, but they can’t stop progress.” [Wired]
The only reasonable response to Gamergate Wonder Woman #174, Phil Jimenez